Qualtech Products Industry Handheld Reflectance Meter is a professional Reflectance Measurement Device with automatic calibration to measure the Reflectance and the Opacity of samples and sample surfaces including coatings, paint films, foils, paper, cardboard, plastic, pastes, powders, ceramics, textiles, wood surfaces, metal surfaces, ink, paint and related samples.
This Reflectance Meter is a professional Reflectance Test Instrument to instantly measure the Reflectance including ‘Rb – Value’, ‘Rw – Value’ and Opacity - Hiding Power - of samples with the touch of a single button.
This high-precision Reflectance and Opacity Meter offers a range of different Reflectance Measurement Modes including:
- Instant Reflectance Measurement Mode
- Average Means Reflectance Measurement Mode
- Minimum Reflectance Measurement Mode
- Maximum Reflectance Measurement Mode
For further measurement statistics and data analysis this Handheld Reflectance Meter offers a seamless PC-Connectivity and PC-Software Software to conveniently export and store data on your PC or laptop for additional data analysis, data documentation, data presentation, data storage and data sharing and much more.
This professional Reflectance Meter is designed and engineered offering the newest microchip technology combined with a large LCD Display with Backlight, the newest Light Source Technology with maintenance-free precision, a high-precision Photo Sensor, an integrated automatic Sample Data Memory, an extensive battery life, user-friendly sample handling, user-friendly application, seamless PC-Connectivity and PC-Software for advanced data management, sample data analysis, data presentation, data sharing, an ergonomic Design, reliable Performance and much more.
This professional Hiding Power Meter is designed and engineered in accordance with international test standards including:
- ASTM D2805 (Standard Test Method for Hiding Power of Paints by Reflectometry)
- ASTM D4214 (Standard Test Methods for Evaluating the Degree of Chalking of Exterior Paint Films)
- ASTM E97 (Method of Test for Directional Reflectance Factor, 45-Deg 0-Deg, of Opaque Specimens by Broad-Band Filter Reflectometry (Withdrawn 1991))
- ASTM E1347 (Standard Test Method for Color and Color-Difference Measurement by Tristimulus Colorimetry)
- ISO2814 (Paints and varnishes — Comparison of contrast ratio (hiding power) of paints of the same type and colour)
- ISO6504 (Paints and varnishes — Determination of hiding power — Part 3: Determination of contrast ratio of light-coloured paints at a fixed spreading rate)
- BS 3900-D4 (Paints and varnishes. Comparison of contrast ratio (hiding power) of paints of the same type and colour)
Handheld Hiding Power Reflectance Meter - Application:
This professional Reflectance Meter is a high-precision Reflectance and Opacity Measurement Instrument to measures the amount of light reflected from a surface.
This reliable Reflectance Meter can be used for a wide range of applications including:
- Photography: This Reflectance Meters is used by photographers to measure the light intensity of a scene. This information is used to set the correct exposure for the photograph.
- Printing: This ergonomic Reflectance Meters is used by printers to measure the color and brightness of printed materials. This information is used to ensure that printed materials meet the required quality standards.
- Textiles: This precision Reflectance Meter is used by textile manufacturers and in research to measure the color and brightness of fabrics. This Reflectance Measurement Data is used to ensure that fabrics meet the necessary quality standards and to match colors accurately.
- Manufacturing: This advanced Reflectance Meter is used by manufacturers and in quality management to measure the color and brightness of a wide variety of products including paints, plastics, and ceramics. This Reflectance Data is used to ensure that products meet quality standards and to match colors accurately.
- Research and Quality Management: This professional Reflectance Meter is used by researchers and scientists in a variety of fields including physics, chemistry and materials science to measure the optical properties of materials and surfaces.
In addition to standard Surface Reflectance Measurements this professional Handheld Reflectance Meter and Hiding Power Reflectance Meter (HPRM) can also be used to measure the Hiding Power of paint and surface coatings. Hiding Power is the ability of a coating to obscure the substrate it is applied to. It is an important property of coatings used in a wide range of industries including paints, inks and plastics.
This advanced Handheld HPRM work by measuring the amount of light reflected from a coated substrate. The higher the Hiding Power of the coating, the less light will be reflected from the substrate. This precision Handheld Reflectance Meter integrates an Automatic Calibration Program in combination with a Black Standard Calibration Tile and a White Standard Calibration Tile to ensure the highest accuracy of your sample measurements.
This Handheld HPRM can be used to measure the Hiding Power of a coating at different thicknesses. This information can be used to determine the Minimum Thickness of coating required to achieve complete hiding. This professional Handheld Reflectance Meter is also used to compare the Hiding Power of different coatings and of different surfaces.
This professional Opacity Meter is used for a wide range of applications:
- Paint and Ink Industry: This Handheld Reflectance Meter is used to measure the Hiding Power of paints and inks used in a variety of applications including automotive paints, industrial coatings, and printing inks.
- Plastics Industry: HPRMs are used to measure the hiding power of plastic films and moldings used in a variety of applications, such as packaging, consumer goods, and automotive parts.
- Textile Industry: HPRMs are used to measure the hiding power of textile dyes and finishes used in a variety of applications, such as apparel, home furnishings, and industrial textiles.
- Other Industries: HPRMs are also used in a variety of other industries, such as food and beverage, pharmaceuticals, and cosmetics.
This Portable Opacity Meter is an advanced Surface Reflectance Measurement Instrument for measuring and controlling the Hiding Power of coatings in a variety of industries.
This professional Reflectance Meter is very user-friendly and very easy to use. The Reflectance Measurement Sensor is placed on the sample surface and instantly displays the measured Reflectance Value. Reflectance Values are typically expressed as a percentage with 100% representing a perfectly reflective surface.
Handheld Reflectance Meter - Features:
- Newest Microchip Technology
- Instant Reflectance Measurements
- Instant Opacity Measurements
- Instant Hiding Power Measurements
- Large LCD Display with Backlight
- Different Reflectance Measurement Modes
- Determine ‘Rb – Value’ with the touch of a button
- Determine ‘Rw – Value’ with the touch of a button
- Determine Opacity & Hiding Power at the touch of a button
- Newest Light Source Technology & Maintenance-free Precision
- Automatic Calibration
- User-friendly Application
- User-friendly Sample Handling
- Seamless PC-Connectivity & PC-Software
- Extensive Battery Life
- Robust & Light-weight
- Professional Application
- High Accuracy & High Precision
- Ergonomic Design & Reliable Performance
- Engineered in accordance with international test standards including ASTM D2805, ASTM D4214, ASTM E97, ASTM E1347, ISO2814, ISO6504, BS 3900-D4
Handheld Reflectance Meter – Specifications:
|Measuring Range||0 - 100.0%|
|Power||1 x AA Battery (around 10.000 measurements)|
|Newest Light Source Technology for Maintenance-Free Precision|
|High Precision Photo Sensor|
|High Precision & High Accuracy|
|Environment Temperature||0 - 40℃|
|Environment Relative Humidity||Less than 85%|
|Seamless PC-Connectivity & PC-Software|
|Extensive Battery Life|
|Ergonomic Design & Reliable Performance|
|Engineered in accordance with international test standards ASTM D2805, ASTM D4214, ASTM E97,
ASTM E1347, ISO2814, ISO6504, BS 3900-D4
Reflectance & Opacity Meter – Included items:
- Professional Reflectance Meter
- Carrying Box
- Calibration Standard
- Carefully Calibrated
- Calibration Certificate
- Quality Certificate
- Extended Warranty
- Lifetime Support
- User Manual
Get information now on products, pricing, technical support and professional services.
One of our specialists will reply to your enquiry shortly. Alternatively contact us via the company details in the USA, in Australia or in the UK.