Qualtech Products Industry Pendulum Hardness Tester is a precision Konig Persoz Pendulum Damping Tester to measure the hardness of surface coatings and sample surfaces.
This professional Pendulum Hardness Tester is available in three models:
- Konig Pendulum Hardness Tester
- Persoz Pendulum Hardness Tester
- Konig and Persoz Pendulum Hardness Tester
The Pendulum Hardness Test is measuring the hardness of sample surfaces with the oscillation amplitude of the integrated Pendulum. The softer the sample surface the more quickly the oscillation will decrease. The hardness is indicated by the number of oscillations the Pendulum has performed which is recorded automatically with high-precision Photo Sensors.
To perform a Pendulum Damping Test the Konig Pendulum or the Persoz Pendulum is placed on the coated surface of the sample and is set into oscillation. The stainless steel balls of the Konig Pendulum or Persoz Pendulum move on the surface of the coated sample and put pressure on the surface coating. Depending on the elasticity and the hardness of the surface coating the damping effect is stronger or weaker. During the Pendulum Hardness Test this Pendulum Hardness Tester automatically records with high-precision photo sensors the number of oscillations the Konig Pendulum or the Persoz Pendulum performed. The number of recorded oscillations is instantly presented on the large LCD Display. The Pendulum Hardness Test can be recorded by the:
- elapsed time until the Pendulum stops automatically
- total number of Pendulum Oscillations between specified Oscillation Angles
- number of Pendulum Oscillations until the Pendulum stops automatically
The Pendulum Damping Test is performed with two Pendulum Hardness Test Methods:
- Konig Pendulum Hardness Test
- Persoz Pendulum Hardness Test
The two test methods, the Konig Damping Test and Persoz Damping Test, are very similar, because both coating hardness test methods rely on the amplitude of the oscillation of the Konig Pendulum and the Persoz Pendulum mounted on the coated sample surface.
However. these two Pendulum Damping Test Methods differ due to the two different Pendulums. The Konig Pendulum and the Persoz Pendulum differ in size, shape, weight, oscillation time and the oscillation amplitude:
- The Konig Hardness Test measures the time for the amplitude of the Konig Pendulum to decrease from 6° to 3°.
- The Persoz Pendulum Hardness Test measures the time for the amplitude of the Persoz Pendulum to decrease from 12° to 4°.
Pendulum Damping Test Results obtained with a Konig Pendulum Hardness Test or a Persoz Pendulum Hardness Test are not interchangeable and are specific to the test method and the selected Konig Pendulum or Persoz Pendulum, because the contact between the Pendulum and the coated sample surface is a complex interaction reflecting the elastic and viscoelastic properties of the coating. It is suggested to choose one Pendulum and maintain the same Pendulum Hardness Test Method throughout the test series and project.
This professional Pendulum Hardness Tester is designed and engineered offering the newest microchip technology combined with a precision engineered Konig Pendulum and Persoz Pendulum, an electronic Pendulum Release Switch for highest accuracy, a precision engineered and vibration-free Sample Holder, an integrated Level, Level Adustment Feet, Automatic Timer Test Program, Automatic Oscillation Count Program, robust Enclosure, user-friendly application, user-friendly sample handling, high accuracy and high precision, an ergonomic design, reliable performance, longevity and much more.
This precision Konig Persoz Pendulum Tester instantly measures the number of Pendulum Oscillations between specific angles and instantly measure the number of Pendulum Oscillations until the Pendulum stops automatically.
This professional Pendulum Damping Tester is designed and engineered in accordance with international test standards including:
- ASTM D4366 (ASTM D4366-95 Standard Test Methods for Hardness of Organic Coatings by Pendulum Damping Tests (Withdrawn 2003))
- ISO 1522 (Paints and varnishes — Pendulum damping test)
- DIN 53 157 (Paints, varnishes and similar coating materials; assessment of the mechanical damping behaviour of coatings using the König pendulum apparatus (pendulum damping test))
- BS3900 E5 (Methods of test for paints. Pendulum damping test)
- NF T30 016 (Paints. Pendulum hardness test for paint and varnish films. - Peintures. Essai de dureté au pendule des feuils de vernis et peintures de protection.)
- NBN T22-105
Pendulum Damping Tester - Features:
- Newest Microchip Technology
- Instant Konig Pendulum Damping Test
- Instant Persoz Pendulum Damping Test
- Electronic Pendulum Release Switch for highest accuracy
- Precision engineered Konig Pendulum
- Precision engineered Persoz Pendulum
- Precision engineered Sample Holder
- Vibration-free Sample Holder
- Integrated Level
- Level Adjustment Feet
- Automatic Pendulum Oscillation Count Program
- Automatic Angle Dependent Pendulum Oscillation Count Program
- Automatic Timer Test Program
- Robust Enclosure
- User-friendly Application
- User-friendly Sample Handling
- High Accuracy & High Precision
- Ergonomic Design
- Reliable Performance & Longevity
- Engineered in accordance with international test standards including ASTM D4366, ISO 1522, BS3900 E5, DIN 53157, NBN T22-105, NFT 30-016
Pendulum Hardness Tester - Specifications:
|Newest Microchip Technology||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Large LCD Display||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Test Method||Konig Pendulum Damping Test||Persoz Pendulum Damping Test||Konig & Persoz Pendulum Damping Test|
|Pendulum||Konig Pendulum||Persoz Pendulum||Konig & Persoz Pendulum|
|Test Load||Konig: 200g ±0.2g||Persoz: 500g ±0.1g||Konig: 200g ±0.2g
Persoz: 500g ±0.1g
|Ball Diameter||Konig: 0.2in, 5mm||Persoz: 0.3in, 8mm||Konig: 0.2in, 5mm
Persoz: 0.3in, 8mm
|Deflection Start Angle||Konig: 6°||Persoz: 12°||Konig: 6°
|Deflection End Angle||Konig: 3°||Persoz: 4°||Konig: 3°
|Standard Oscillation Time||Konig: 1.4 sec||Persoz: 1 sec||Konig: 1.4 sec
Persoz: 1 sec
|Standard Damping Time on Glass||Konig: 250 sec ±10 sec||Persoz: 0.3in, 8mm||Konig: 250 sec ±10 sec
Persoz: 430 sec ±10sec
|Electronic Pendulum Release Switch||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Easy Pendulum Swap System||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Easy Sample Mount||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|User-friendly Sample Handling||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|High Accuracy & High Precision||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Reliable Performance & Longevity||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Voltage||110V 60Hz & 220V 50Hz||110V 60Hz & 220V 50Hz||110V 60Hz & 220V 50Hz|
|Engineered in accordance with international test standards including ASTM D4366, ISO 1522, BS3900 E5, DIN 53157, NBN T22-105, NFT 30-016|
Pendulum Hardness Apparatus – Included items:
- Automatic Pendulum Hardness Tester
- Quality Certificate
- Carefully Calibrated
- Calibration Certificate
- User manual
- Extended Warranty
- Lifetime Support
Get information now on products, pricing, technical support and professional services.
One of our specialists will reply to your enquiry shortly. Alternatively contact us via the company details in the USA, in Australia or in the UK.